Runners are a different breed. We have a slightly different way of doing things and a unique way of looking at the world. We wouldn't have it any other way.
You know you're a runner when...
1. You're sometimes late for work because you overindulged a bit on your morning run.
2. Your washing loads seem to be made up of more running clothes than regular clothes.
3. You've started paying more attention to the weather and have developed an almost magical skill of predicting rain. Until you get it wrong. And you get drenched.
4. You drink water like a fish. In fact, so much so that you're sure people at work wonder why you take 15 bathroom breaks each day.
5. Your friend posts their run on Facebook and you make a mental note to yourself to run further the next time you lace up.
6. Your Facebook page reads like an advert for Runner's World. "I know I share a lot of posts but this one HAS to be shared!"
7. You know what an IT band is. And to think all those years you thought the I.T. department had started a rock group.
8. You plan your whole weekend around your 'long run'. Which is often planned around the weather, see point 3.
9. You can now take a cup of water from a water station, while running, without choking or throwing it all over yourself. Sometimes. You managed it once. Sort of.
10. You're simply not yourself if you don't run for a while. The good news, it's an easy fix.
11. You act like the race medals aren't important but secretly you love them.
12. You realize you're a part of something amazing and you experience a rush of warmth and pride every time you tell someone you're a runner.